I just wrote a whole post on this and some how it was deleted. It was already the second time I wrote the post. So now I just have the energy and patience to give you some highlights:
- It was International Women’s Day on Thursday.
- Aydan and I joined other women from the embassy in a march past in the center of town.
- We all wore dresses made of the same fabric.
- We waited in the stands for a long time until the First Lady arrived.
- We marched in the parade. The First Lady waved to us.
- After the march so many Cameroonian women wanted to take their picture with Aydan.
- We decided to leave after we’d marched because it was very hot and near lunch time. Not a good combo for a pregnant lady and her toddler.
- Aydan, Janel and I walked back to the car to find that our car was locked in (litterally) the grocery store parking lot.
- We sat in the car for 2.5 hours in the AC talking and trying to keep Aydan busy with snacks and Blue’s Clues on my iPhone.
- Good times, glad we did it this one time!
hThen my camera died. When I get more pictures I’ll post them.